DynaPrep split frames are named for their ability to split in half at the frame, or “break open” and bolt back together again. This allows them to open and mount around the OD (outside diameter) of inline piping, or they can be slipped closed over open ended pipe. All DynaPrep split frames are built to last a lifetime and engineered to apply precise, consistently square cuts and bevels the first time, every time.
Moving beyond cut and bevel capability, each DynaPrep (MDSF) can be equipped with modules for flange facing which will convert the DynaPrep from a pipe cutter into a flange facer that can face and resurface flanges. As a flange resurfacing machine, the DynaPrep (MDSF) can perform smooth resurfacing, raised face resurfacing, record grooving, and RTJ ring groove creation and resurfacing.
When the need arises to counterbore pipe, the DynaPrep series of rotating lathe machine tools can be outfitted with counterbore modules, enabling counterboring and deep counterbore machining of pipe ends creating desired lands for welding.
- Precise cold cutting process reduces risk of explosion, eliminates heat affected zone
- Fast setup, cutting and prep times with standard outside diameter tracking tool slides
- Select hardened steel components, bigger cross section, larger gear sets
- Built in lifting eyes for vertical and horizontal mounting
- Standard ratcheting hinge mechanism opens and closes frame quickly
- Hydraulic or Pneumatic drive options
- Lathe machining process delivers precision compound bevels and consistent lands
Split Frame machine tool designed to part, bevel and counterbore large diameter pipe.
Hydraulic and Pneumatic.
Hydraulic: Approximate cutting time with hydraulic motor 60-120 and single trip on 60″ OD (DN1500) pipe with 1″ (25.4mm) wall: 54 minutes cutting and bevelling.
Pneumatic: 56 Surface Feet/min
(17.07 surface metres/min) Surface speed rating with air motor at maximum power on 84″ (2134mm) OD pipe
Positive mechanical star wheel.
10 GPM at 150 PSI (38 LPM at 103 BAR)
95 CFM at 90 PSI (2.7 Cubic Meters/Minute at 6.2 BAR)
Select hardened alloy steel components, large 6” (152.4mm) cross section, high capacity bearings, heavy duty pinion housing, corrosion resistant finish and ratcheting hinge mechanism.