Secured by its own tensioning chain, the Trav-L Cutter drives itself around the pipe as it machines producing a weld ready surface. Driving around the circumference of the workpiece gives the Trav-L Cutter an advantage over other machine tool types – the ability to accommodate any workpiece diameter by simply adding/adjusting the mounting/drive chain length.
Now in its fourth generation, Wachs newly updated Trav-L Cutter, is reengineered with improved performance to make it more durable, more controllable, and more powerful. While externally identical to the previous model apart from its red top covers, it features new internals designed to make a tough machine tool even tougher.
- Simultaneous cutting and bevelling
- Horizontal and vertical operation
- Preferred cold cutting method
- Compact, portable design
- Pneumatic or Hydraulic drive
- Easy to setup and operate
- Fast and accurate cuts
- Accommodates 6″ – 72″ OD (DN150–1800)
- Optional sizes above 72″
6” through 72” (153 to 1829 mm) pipe, large diameter vessels.
Pneumatic: 4HP governed air motor coupled with worm gearbox.
Hydraulic: As above, with hydraulic motor.
Pneumatic: Adjustable from 35–55 RPM for use on work-hardened alloys.
Hydraulic: Adjustable from 0–60 RPM.
Pneumatic: 3/4HP air motor coupled through overload clutch, gearbox and chain reduction to final machine drive sprocket.
Hydraulic: 4HP hydraulic motor.
- Positive, nonslip chain drive.
100 CFM @ 90 PSI (.05 m3 /s @ 6.21 bar)
13–15 GPM @ 1500 PSI (49.2–56.78 lpm @ 103.42 bar) not to exceed 2000 PSI (137.9 bar)
3” of surface feed per minute, max. (Provides cutting the of 1 min per inch of pipe diameter). (10” pipe = 10 min.) Over 1/2” wall as well as most alloys require reduced feed rate.
10”-12” radial, 20” axial.
Pneumatic (E) or Hydraulic (HE) Models
- Cutter on-off, feed on-off, with interlock to prevent machine feed unless cutter is turning
- Adjustable feed control. (Model HE Only)
- Flow control valves
- Separate controls provide adjustable spindle speed and cutter speed
- Forward/Reverse valve governs machine travel direction.
WEIGHT & FINISH
- Operating: 215 LBS
- Shipping: 418 LBS
- Powder Coated Enamel
24” (610 mm) x 20” (510 mm) x 10.75” (280 mm)